PhD in nursing open up many opportunities for students in reaching high ranking positions in healthcare field. Successful students will be qualified to share and to contribute what they have learned during PhD programs in medicine. Here is a good choice for PhD nursing programs 2016-2017.
Recognized PhD Nursing Programs
- University of Colorado: The PhD degree is representing high level of preparation in nursing practice. It prepared nurses to become leaders. It was accredited by Commission of Collegiate Nursing Education. For PhD nursing admission requirements, students must have active RN license in state of practice, national certification, CV, completion of application essay and GPA of 3.3 or higher.
- Walden University: The school plays an important role of nursing students. The degree helps students in developing and assessing their skills. Coursework provides opportunities to analyze, create and extend their knowledge on the methods used by professionals. Students should complete 77 quarter credit hours.
- Kennesaw State University: It was accredited by SACS and made to prepare nurse scholars and educators for leadership roles. Graduates will function as nurse leaders with expertise in healthcare and nursing phenomena. The PhD admission in nursing starts by submitting online application. For entry requirements, applicants must submit official transcripts, current license, official GRE scores, course in statistics, CV and written statement of professional and personal interest.
- William Paterson University of New Jersey: The program is preparing advanced practice nurses to be thought leaders and clinical scholars. It prepares nurses with skills and knowledge in delivering a highest standard of care to families, communities and individuals. For admission requirements, master’s degree with major in nursing, minimum GPA of 3.3 on 4.0 scales on graduate level course, work experience, 3 letters of recommendation, essay discussing your professional goals and CV.
- University of Stirling: The program was made for clinicians and perfect for individuals looking of advancement and improvement of their skills. It was designed to change and challenge the students way of thinking. For English language requirements, you need to submit IELTS of 6.5 with 6.0 minimum, certificate of proficiency in English, certificate of advanced English, Pearson test of English and TOEFL.
- University of Pennsylvania: The university is private and offering students a magnificent nursing education. They offer part time and full time education in the degree for non-working and working students. Applicants must settle the 80 dollars application form.
- Johns Hopkins University: It is not a wonder that the school belong as one of the top listed nursing universities. It is a private institution and offering scholarship for students to fund their schooling. Students must submit essay, recommendation letter and transcript of record.
- University of California: University of California is a public institution and their nursing program is top rated. They offer affordable tuition fee for international and local students. The application fee is 90 dollars and PhD admission 2016-2017 depends on the completion of requirements.
- University of Washington: The university is public and they have 55 faculty members. Students will learn more about the concepts but to become part of them, you must submit admission requirements, which include personal statement and reference letters.
- University of Pittsburgh: It is a public school. Faculties will help students to have a wonderful experience that they can apply in practice. Students should pay 50 dollars application fee.
Find more about writing a nursing personal statement.
Start applying to one of the recognized PhD nursing programs 2016-2017 now!