Stanford University is situated between San Jose and San Francisco in California’ Silicon Valley. It is one of the leading research and teaching universities. It is open since 1891 and has the dedication in finding solutions to prepare students in complex world.
Stanford University Admission Requirements 2016-2017
There are numerous Stanford University PhD programs offered and it is important to know what the requirements in order to qualify and become part of the school are.
To be eligible to PhD programs, applicants must meet the requirements:
- Applicants must hold a bachelor’s degree from United States university by accredited school OR
- Applicants outside United States must hold equivalent US bachelor’s degree from university recognized by them.
- Adequate command of written and spoken English is required. Applicants must submit an evidence of their English proficiency before enrollment. TOEFL scores are required for candidates whose English is not their native language.
- English for Foreign Students Office administers English placement test at the start of every quarter. The test is required for admission of students whose English is not their native language. The test will assess the ability of students to speak, understand and write American English. The results will be evaluated in terms of applicant’s academic programs at the school. The test will determine whether candidates will require to take courses in English.
- Students must need to submit their GRE test scores to quality.
- Applicants must need to submit their transcript of record from all attended college or university.
Note: Check the website of the PhD program you choose to know if there are additional materials or requirements you need to submit. The requirements for each program vary from one another. The admission requirements given above are general requirements that is why checking the program is important.
For international students, they need to present original documents such as diploma or transcript of record. The institution must need to have copy of each the document. There are procedure needed to follow to follow. Students must need to visit Student Serviced Center on 2nd floor of Tressider Union in order to make appointment with the office admissions. The office will contact the student via email to confirm their appointment and to know more instructions.
The Stanford University PhD admission for online application for academic year 2016 will be open by September 15. Students must need to apply on the said date. The deadline for PhD admission 2016-2017 will be depend on what program you choose to enroll.
It is important to know about the Stanford University entrance requirements to qualify. Students are required to apply ahead of time because there are thousands of applications that the school receives. If you know that English is not your native language, you need to start taking the test exam for it. There are many requirements needed to complete and students must need to submit all materials on or before the deadline.
If you want to level up your degree, have a look at the list of PhD social work programs.