University of Oxford is also known as Oxford or Oxford University. A collegiate research school is located in Oxford, England. The school has international reputation as one of the world’s leading Research University with a combination of beautiful city that attracts students around the world.
Oxford University Admission Requirements 2016-2017
One of the Oxford University admission requirements that needed to know is to complete application form.
- English proficiency test: For nonnative English speaking students, they should submit English proficiency test.
- For IELTS: The overall score should be 7.0
- For TOEFL: the overall score should be 600 for paper based and for test of written English, it should be 5.5
- For TOEFL internet based: The overall score should be 110, for listening 22, for speaking 25, for writing 24 and reading 24
- Cambridge certificate of advanced English must be grade A (CAE)
- Cambridge certificate for proficiency in English must be grade B (CPE)
- International baccalaureate standard level should have score of 5 in English
Note: The same as the Harvard University the University of Oxford continues to accept TOEFL IBT test as a proof of students English language proficiency in 2015. The university does not accept IGCSE in English as second language or first language English as a proof for English proficiency.
- Visa: Students should meet the visa requirements
- Continuing students: Continuing students should use standard online application form and select readmission.
- Statement of purpose
- Official transcript of record
Note: It is the responsibility of students to make sure that all materials are submitted on time. Keep in mind that incomplete or late application will not be assessed. Since the official transcript of record and the reference needs cooperation of other organizations and individuals, students should be aware of the arrangements.
Dates and Deadlines for Oxford University Admission Criteria
- When it comes to Oxford University admission criteria dates and deadlines, student should be aware of it so that they will know when is the time they need to submit all the materials needed. With that in mind, here are things you need to know.
- November 21: 12 noon of the UK time and only use by selected courses
- January 9 or January 23: 12 noon of the UK time. These are the deadline for Oxford scholarships and some other courses
- March 13: 12 noon of the UK time and it is being in used by selected courses
- March 14 to August 31: 12 noon of the UK time and there are some courses are open. Also, up to date details on whether every course is open for admission 2017 via individual course pages
Note: It is strongly recommended that students should apply at the earliest deadline. For students intending to apply for visa, they should aim to apply before January deadline.
It is necessary to know what course or degree you want to apply for so that you will know what the specific requirements are and the exact dates and deadlines when you need to submit the essential requirements are.