Engineering refers to discipline of applying science, economics and mathematics to structure of buildings, design, devices, processes, systems and machines. One of the fields in engineering includes electrical and here are top electrical engineering PhD programs 2016-2017.
Best Electrical Engineering PhD Programs
- University of Minho: The program aims to give students will competencies, methods and skills allowing them the skills to design adapt, conceive and to perform a high level of research project. The subject includes telecommunication, services and systems, instrumentation, actuators and sensors, automation, robotics and control. For formal requirements, students must have MSc in electronics and computer engineering and submit CV informing scientific preparation.
- Girne American University: This is one of the electrical engineering PhD programs to choose. They offer a high level of education and core course, which include advanced topics in electronics and in communication. They also provide smart grid design and operation, applied electromagnetic and much more. For entry requirements, the English language requirement for TOEFL paper based is 550 and for internet, it must be 80. For IELTS, it should be 6.0.
- University of Colorado: The degree is conferred to students who have demonstrated proficiency in the subject. The school is one of the best options to choose from because they are one of the best. Getting PhD allows you to have a higher career and to become part of the school, students should complete 24 hours of semester hours of course work, 12 hours for ECE courses and 6 semester hours for independent courses. Students should have overall GPA of 3.0, have grade B or higher, pass preliminary examination, demonstrate excellence in coursework and there is no foreign language required.
- Czech Technical University: The university is offering many programs and it aim to further the education of applications with Master degree. The PhD degree is divided into 16 branches. To be eligible, candidates should have a master’s degree. Students should settle the application fee.
- University of Vermont: The graduate program is offering a chance to students to contribute EE innovation at the same time expanding their career options. The EE research areas include wireless communications, signal processing, control systems and energy systems. It is strongly recommended that students submit their application before the deadline.
- University of Colorado: Students should demonstrate proficiency in some areas and applicants must demonstrate original contributions. Candidates should have broad knowledge of math, engineering and science. They must able to read and understand topics. Regular admission requires 3.3 GPA and graduate record examinations. Students not admitted on regular basis can be admitted on provisional basis.
- Koc University: The university aims to give advanced education and innovative research experience in electrical engineering. The focus is excellence in research. For PhD admission electrical engineering application, students must need to meet the deadline and submit CV, 3 letters of recommendation, TOEFL or ILETS test score, ALES scores, official transcript of records, GRE scores, areas of interest and statement of purpose.
- Girne American University: The school is one of the top notch choices for students and some courses offered includes applied electromagnetic, speech and speaker recognition, integrated analog filter design and others. Entry requirements requires students to submit TOEFL paper based score of 550 and internet based score of 80 while for IELTS requires 6.0.
- University of Minho: The program aims to provide students with methods, competences and skills allowing them to have the ability to design and to perform a high level of research project. For PhD admissions 2016, students should have MSc in electronics and computer engineering or to related area.
- Aalto University: The PhD program is providing a broad disciplinary program to students ranging from traditional electrical engineering up to energy sectors to control engineering, robotics and biomedical engineering.
A top-notch list of the best engineering PhD programs is waiting for you!
Choose the best electrical engineering PhD programs 2016-2017 for you today!