University of California is more than just a campus. Their faculty and graduate students are creating a strong community. Their rankings and reputation tell that they are one of the best PhD programs in the nation. The school is a global leader for sustainability and a research giant.
University of California Admission Requirements 2016-2017
Applying to PhD programs California is convenient because of their online admission application system. Here are requirements that must be submitted online.
- Letters of recommendation
- Statement of purpose
- Writing sample
- Resume or CV if required by your chosen program)
All the materials must be submitted online and there are no paper copies that will be accepted. You need to fill out your application form carefully and complete it as much as possible. Spend time to check your application before you submit it. The time you submit your application, there are no additions and changes will be made.
For applicants who enrolled in University of Chicago as graduate students can apply for readmission. They need to use the readmission application instead of using online application form.
- Applicants must submit their GRE scores. They need to arrange their scores. For fellowship applicants, they need to take GRE by individual graduate program office. The code for GRE scores is 4834
- Students should submit CSET or CBEST scores
- English language test is required for students not only for international applicants but for students whose native language is not English. The university is accepting both IELTS and TOEFL examination.
- The application fee for PhD program is 90 dollars for United States applicants and 110 dollars for international applicants. Applicants who wish to apply for more than one program should settle the application fee for every program. Application fee is nonrefundable and it can be paid either credit card or money order made out to UC Regents. You should not send cash via mail in paying application fee.
Note: It is strongly recommended that students should send their payment via credit card to avoid delays in the process of your application. Students who choose to pay their application via money order or check will not have their application be process until their application fee has been received.
Official transcript is required for students. You need to submit all your transcript for all attended universities. If your transcript shows another name from your current legal name, it is necessary to enter your name in Other Name section of online application.
The time your application is submitted, your transcript of record will be requested.
Deadlines 2016-2017 Admission
For University of California PhD Programs admission, students should check out the deadlines.
- Priority deadline: Students who submit application by priority deadline will receive priority review of their admission.
- General deadline: Students who submit application by general deadline will be reviewed formally for admission.
- Space available deadline: Students who submit application by space available deadline will not be guaranteed that their application will be reviewed.