If you are reading this and are looking to avail of a PhD, a postgraduate program, a doctorate then it is assumed that you are and you have finished graduate studies. It is essential that you have a master’s degree; otherwise, you have no purpose with looking into PhD studies yet. However, if you are already on this path, then here are a few requirements that one should meet when applying for a PhD, which emphasizes what PhD documents you need:
- First, since you are going to take a post graduate study then you must have reasonable evidence that you have taken up pre-doctorate studies such as a master’s degree. One of the important PhD papers that you need is the certification that you have graduated from an institution that offers Masters Courses.
- One of the PhD works you need to accomplish personally is the character reference. A character reference is written by a qualified professor, instructor, dean, or whoever is in the position to comment about your academic, social and research work. This must be a person who is credible and not just your father, though; we know he would give an expert’s opinion. A character reference is essential to your admission to a school, this will show your work ethic and how you’ve made a mark in previous schools
- A research proposal is one of the required PhD papers you need to accomplish should you wish to get a doctorate. When you venture towards post graduate studies, then you must have done researches in the past, a doctorate allows you to continue and innovate that research as part of their curriculum. This helps you focus on your goals as an academe and at the same time, contribute to the society with your research products.
- Admission essay. Tell them why you want to be part of their academic community, tell them that you are eager, and tell them that you want to improve yourself, venture into the unknown; contribute. This is one of the PhD documents requiring flattery, you need to impress and leave a mark on whoever is reading it. Tell them of your achievements; tell them what makes you shine out of all the applicants. When you are writing an PhD admission essay, it won’t be a time to be timid.
- Admission forms, this a handwritten form which can be downloaded from university websites which you need to fill up with basic information about yourself, past academic schools and whatnot.
- Scholarship letters, one of the not-so-often encountered document that states that you have a schooling ride sponsored by someone or an institution. A doctorate is not a cheap transaction; many students need grants, and if you are one of them, then submit this as well.
- A certification saying you can speak English. This is a PhD document needed by most English speaking universities especially of foreign students, this certifies that you can speak and understand English since English is the main medium of instruction for most schools. A test is needed for this.
Some universities do not require of these documents. Please do check out with their websites during your PhD application or through the admissions office to facilitate you through an easy admission.