If you’re looking to be admitted into a PhD admission 2017 in Kerala program or any other one, a part-time admission could be your answer. However, why does it look like such a great idea? Well, we are going to tell you in details why a PhD Part Time admission could answer to your worries.
There a lot of part-time PhD Programs available in lots of universities, it is up to you to choose the one that better fits with your necessities and area of specialization. Even so, there are some rules and requirements you’ll have to follow, but we assure you that applying for a part-time PhD is a great way to invest your time.
Part Time PhD Admission 2017: Pros and Cons
- Perfect for people with work and family commitments.
- If it is online, it can be more accessible and easy to learn
- You could have your course funded by an employer
- This is seen as a good time management skill and lots of commitment
- It can boost both your salary and reach of your job
- High education can open new directions in your life
- You’ll meet new student with the same mindset and successful careers
- Teachers and professors in these part time PhD’s are always available and willing to help
- You may not find as much motivation or intensity as a full-time PhD
- You may feel more stressed and have a difficulty to concentrate
- You may find it difficult to fund your studies
- Good management skills are a must if you want to study part-time
- A supportive environment at home is essential
- Could get difficult to attend to other commitments
Universities with Part Time PhD Programs
Kansas State Institute
This program is conducted online and allows individuals to remain in their jobs and careers while studying for a PhD. This can be completed in 5 years.
This is specially designed for working professionally in search of widening their capabilities and promoting a higher education.
Massachusetts School of Professional Psychology
Offers a great opportunity for working psychologist to become PhD’s on PSYD in a Clinical Psychology Program. Students are allowed to study part time with special requirements.
The University of Western Ontario
This university offers a part-time opportunity for doctoral programs to just 1 or 2 students per year, however, they should comply with a completed four-year degree with honors.
New York University
Computer science specialists can apply for a part-time PhD Admission degree and are required to take at least 2 courses per semester. All students must complete the PhD program in 10 years.
PhD in Part Time: How to Choose the Best Program
To eventually choose the best program that suits every one of your necessities and offers a great studying plan for you to get the best of it, you’ll have to ask yourself some questions:
- What career do you want?
It is important to know what kind of career we want to specialize at. It is no use to specialize in something that you don’t like or doesn’t fit with your profile. However, this is a matter that needs further study and a lot of thinking.
- Focus on supervisors and not on schools
The best you can do is to choose a program that is supervised by people with honors and who offer great studying plans and you can apply for scholarships PhD.
- Choose what’s best for you and not what everyone says
It is pertinent to choose the career you want and feel it’s the best for you. Don’t focus on the prestige or reputation of the school or university. You should always choose for the one opportunity that offers the most widening experience for your career.
At the end, choosing the right option will be always a matter of lots of thinking and the gut feeling inside every person to choose the one PhD program that best suits them. However, it is pertinent to know certain details before doing it in order to make a Part Time PhD Admission 2017 a really interesting idea and something to get the best out of.